On the Road Again
No matter how much you dread moving, Inside Moves is here to help you get a move on
Looking for the best moving service in Los Angeles, with experienced movers from a local moving company that is ten times better than the classic ‘movers near me’ you’ve always used?
We all get by with a bit of help from our friends, and that’s what Inside Moves can offer you at each step of the moving process. So, look no further than Inside Moves’ incredible website and see what we can do for you.
Because we’re more than your average movers, we want to help you as much as possible with some top moving day tips- check out what we can do for you on that dreaded moving day…
Here are the moving services we offer, with over 20 years of fantastic knowledge and experience in each:
- Residential moving services– this includes any apartments, single-family homes, bungalows, retirement communities, dorms, condos. Whatever the living situation is, we’ve got you covered.
- Senior Moving– this is help specialising for the older community members who may need more significant help on the actual moving day. All our movers will make you feel as though you are their own family and will treat you and your precious belongings with the utmost care.
- Commercial Moves– All our Inside Relocation Services are top-notch for any business who may need it when moving to a new location. If you don’t believe us, trust our customers and their reviews on our website.
- Packing and Unpacking services– This saves you the burden of putting all of your stuff into boxes, and is done with a god-like Tetris ability, too.
- Storage– Anyone who needs the best storage spaces without the worry of things going missing, this is perfect for you.
So, that’s what we can do for you, but what can you do yourself to make the move even easier?
As we all know, moving houses or business locations can be a very long and tedious process, but it doesn’t have to be.
So, we’ve compiled a few top tips for your moving day to make sure you feel as comfortable in your ability as we are in ours at moving.
Things we wished we’d known before moving
It may seem obvious, but if you follow our short guide, packing a bedroom properly can save you time and money.
How to Properly Pack a Bedroom:
Mattresses & Bed Frames
- Although we know it’s not ideal, it’s probably best to dismantle all the beds the day before the move and sleep in blow-up beds on that night to save the hassle of taking them all apart amidst all the hustle and bustle on the day.
- Remember where you’ve put the nuts and bolts! This is something we’ve all done, and have suffered for it, put them all in a labeled bag and tape it to the frame.
- To make sure your mattresses stay in tip-top condition, cover them with something like a protective plastic mattress cover to prevent any damage on the move.
- Our Inside Movers team can do this for you, and using mattresses as a soft liner for your furniture can prevent damage and keep all your things as safe and secure as possible.
Drawers & Wardrobes
- Empty them out! Nobody wants to be whacked with a rogue sock or pair of jeans as you carry them to the moving truck!
- Tape them closed! This will also prevent eyes or shins from being walloped when lifting them.
- Inside Movers will offer to do this for you, but dismantling the wardrobes is a great idea to save you space in the truck for all the big things and prevent damage.
- Anything too big won’t need dismantling, and you can use it to put things in and keep things safe if they’re secured and surrounded by clothes, for example.
- Using a vacuum compression bag is a perfect way to save that much-needed space and keep all your clothes together, too.
- Depending on the weather, choose the clothes you’re packing wisely, as you don’t want summer shorts in the freezing cold, only to realize your jeans are at the bottom of everything!
- If you’re feeling DIY-savvy, you can create a makeshift wardrobe with a big box using cable ties and a pole, which can keep your clothes from getting creased and squashed. Our movers can supply you with cardboard clothes boxes with hangers if required.
- Use a suitcase to put the inessentials in, and you can even use this as a spot for some delicate items if you pack it securely.
- Moving can be stressful at the best of times, so the last thing you need is to feel uncomfortable on the day- so make sure you’re wearing the clothes you feel comfortable and relaxed in, and bear in mind moving things can be sweaty work, too!
Jewelry & Accessories
- Use a plastic straw to pack any chains or necklaces so they don’t get all tangled, which will save the pain of untangling, which, as we all know, is the most frustrating task.
- It sounds strange, but perhaps you could pack jewelry in an egg box and put some small cloth inside to avoid anything being broken or damaged when they’re being moved.
- Any smaller items like rings or earrings should be put in pill or medication boxes, but please don’t accidentally switch them with the real stuff, as that might be a mistake that will cost you!
- All the special stuff should be kept with you, just to make sure you’re completely comfortable and feel safe in the knowledge that you know where they are.
As the expert residential and commercial movers in Los Angeles, we have a wealth of expertise and appreciation for making your moving day go smoothly and efficiently. Please don’t hesitate to talk to any of our team about your moving day concerns- let’s move together to make things happen.